Mr. Dickerson has a passion for Engineering including sound and vibration. He has over 45 years of noise and vibration experience and includes designing, analyzing developing and reviewing mechanical, systems, vibrational, acoustical engineering and air quality projects both commercial and DOD, including but not limited to aircraft design and analysis, spacecraft design and analysis, mechanisms, shock, vibrations and controls design and analysis, project management, program management, air/noise assessments, ceiling/floor assembly design (STC/IIC) and testing, architectural acoustic design, acoustical product design, vibration analysis and noise mitigation strategies.
Mr. Dickerson has worked for AeroViroment Inc., Sargent Fletcher (Div of Cobham Corp), General Motors, Jet Propulsion Lab, Teledyne System and Dataproducts. He has successfully completed hundreds of projects on vibration, thermal, structural, material, systems and air/noise related projects. His strategic knowledge, project planning and cost effective management solutions enable him to excel in the consulting field of acoustics and vibration. In 2011, Mr. Dickerson was asked to present a paper at the Acoustical Society of America’s Conference in Seattle Washington for his research and work on noise and vibration within a cockpit door module. He continues to work closely with many engineering disciplines and provides quality results.
Mr. Dickerson’s relevant work experience includes the following:
- Oversight of noise and vibration assessments for large and small public and private development
- Prepare, write and sign over 1,100 technical noise and vibration assessments
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts including: client maintenance, cost/budget reports, preparation of proposals, monitoring schedules and delivering presentations to clients and public agencies
- Perform product concepts, testability, manufacturability assessments. Provide technical support and peer review for cross functioning teams on product development
- Mentor, train, and oversee work of junior level staff
- Airport, traffic and noise data collection
- For additional project info see Projects+News